Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Creative Cooking

I love to cook. I am not a professional by any means, but I have been cooking since I was 14. I started cooking to help out my family and from there it turned into a something I loved to do. I love taking old recipes and giving them a fresh new spin, or coming up with new recipes (even if they don't always turn out).
I gave the blog this title because this is what I would call my restaurant if I ever had one. Rosie is my grandmother who past away in December 09. She was a wonderful woman who made anyone feel special. Whether she threw a party, cooked a lovely meal for family, or found the best little treats. When I was younger and would visit her and my grandpa in the summer time, she took me with her to a fantastic little grocery shop. She found the best Iris's without any blemish, she found the freshest strawberries with bright green tops along with a couple other items. We took them home and she rinsed the strawberries ever so carefully so not to bruise them, and then began to fluff the green tops. In my head I was thinking, umm, they are just strawberries, but as I continued to watch her, she made that bowl of strawberries look so appetizing. This is how she would make me feel whenever she made anything, or bought anything for that matter. For me, I want to try to incorporate her ability to make people feel special in the food I make for people. I think it's those little touches that makes people really enjoy themselves when going to a cafe, restaurant, or just a meal at home.
Well this is what my blog is going to be about. I will post recipes that with a couple extra little creative ideas can turn a meal into something fantastic. I hope people out there will enjoy this blog. If you have a recipe you want to see jazzed up or need a new idea, then hit me! I hope I will be able to help.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment