Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Cake Busted!

This is my story about an adorable cute little cupcake birthday cake gone all wrong. Too bad I forgot the camera.
I was making a ginormous cupcake cake that was going to sit on top of a two level 9 inch round cake. The cupcake turned out great and the other round cakes turned out as well. I put dowels in the round cakes and put the cupcake cake on a cardboard round cut out. The hitch was once I put the cupcake on top of the other cake it started to look like it was a little top heavy. Yipes! I still had to hold this thing on my lap for a 20 minute car drive.
So here's how this whole thing went down.
I get in the car, and we get out of the driveway...totally fine.
We get out of the neighborhood, still good.
We get onto the main roads and I notice the bottom cake is starting to crack a little. So I say to Dave, it wont hurt if you go a little faster. Haha.
We get 3/4 the way there and we were turning and I noticed that the cake started to crumble. At that point I am holding the cake with my hands and I am not too happy about this. I say to Dave, oh great. Just great! He says, I think the cupcake cake is too top heavy. I say, really? Are you sure? I was a little smarty pants. I was so frustrated, but we finally get to my in-laws home and I just start balling. I was so sad and so sorry. Everyone was so kind but I still felt bad. Oh well. That is my story. I made a cake. It was the cutest little cake, only problem was it didn't make it to the destination in one piece. But other than that, it went great.
Oh well. Live and Learn. Next time I will be better prepared. Can't wait for the next challenge. And hopefully I will have pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Found you! :) This is a really good idea! What a sad, & yet funny, story! I'm sorry about that. Sounds like your hands were full of frosting while sitting in the car?? Oh man! I guess everyone needs stories during their life, though, huh? I had a similar one with a crock pot full of this cream cheesy chicken stuff. I was holding it in my lap in the car & it tipped, dripping out creamy goo all over me; this is on the way to a relief society dinner. I got there & had to spend 20 minutes in the bathroom cleaning up my clothes! :( Now I keep stuff on the FLOOR, because it's not as big a deal to spill there! :)

    ReplyDelete